Show your Lifted 3rd Gens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have this same offset thing going on with my 2013 f150 it was more noticeable when I put the taller BFGoodrich ko2 tires on. I always wondered why the tires stuck out more on one side???? Factory wheels. So this means my bed and body are not mounted to the frame on center?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. IIRC, a post from a few months ago had some pictures of the body not being centered. Poster was told the body has slots vice holes for the mounting bolts to the frame, allowing for that offset.

"Just loosen'em up and push it over"

Right.

mjomorgan

Reaction score
OK help please.
I have a 2016 EL in silver ingot. I have the 3" level installed and want to upgrade the wheels.
I can get 20x9 -12 panther offroad 578 (black outer, machined center) and BFG KO2 275/60r20 (here they are on a ram https://www.customwheeloffset.com/w...road-578-rough-country-leveling-kit-body-lift )

I am also looking at moto metal MO970, raceline twist, and fuel maverick

Does anyone have experience with PAnther offroad?

Would these fit without modification? I want some lip but way out of the wheel well and don't want to do trimming.

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
ReadyLift 69-2070 3.0'' Front with 2.0'' Rear SST Lift Kit

Cooper DISCOVERER AT3 XLT LT295/70R18 E 129S Tire
(34.25 x 12)

Raised it 4”

Minor rubbing but I will correct that with trimming or as a last resort Bora wheel spacers

I couldn’t be more happy with the new look of my Expedition.
Looks like a different vehicle.
Haven’t tested the tires off-road yet but the road noise is zero.
Only put less than 50 miles on it so far. Mostly around town and a quick trip down the highway.
I am seeing a -2 mpg drop off in that short distance.
The ride is vastly improved as well.

Here is one before pic and the rest is what it is now.

IMG_3850.jpgIMG_3849.jpgIMG_3848.jpgIMG_3847.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I need to stop coming in this thread.
All these are looking great. I have everything I want to do planned out. Just slowly collecting parts and cash to get it done. Not exactly a project one can do in stages. Without the truck looking silly for awhile and duplicating work.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I need to stop coming in this thread.
All these are looking great. I have everything I want to do planned out. Just slowly collecting parts and cash to get it done. Not exactly a project one can do in stages. Without the truck looking silly for awhile and duplicating work.

Same Black! Waiting until the tires on the Truck are a little more worn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My only rub with lifting these rigs and I am guessing it is the geometry of the IRS that the rear coil overs are not exactly straight up and down. It is angled towards to the front of the vehicle slightly. So when we lift them it goes up and forward slightly which draws the front bottom corner of the rear wheel wells closer to the wheel and moving the rear corner back. So the wheels no longer are centered in the wheel well and look pushed forward. The bigger the tire the more obvious is becomes.
Sneaky Pete’s second photo really illustrates it. The good part is one can really only tell when you are looking directly from the side. Any other angle it is not that noticeable.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
I really don't like the factory rake of these trucks. Yet I know that raising the front an inch and a half will totally screw with the geometry of the front end and handling. I also know if I ever roll the truck or wrap it up, I'll be blaming my messing with it for the damage. Besides "appearance is most important," can anyone share any insight on this?

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t like how low our expys sit stock next to a Tahoe or Yukon. We sit relatively low. I’ve pondered raising the front end up a hair.