side mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ddff

Reaction score
The only two problems I am having with my truck are the wacky mirros and the excessive brake dust. I ordered some ceramic pads( hope the will eliminate most of that problem) As for the mirrors they need to be adjusted everytime I get in---I turned off the back-up setting, yet they move everytime I use the remote. Can anyone tell me what needs to or can be done to fix this?

Keydo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The ceramic pads will make a big difference. I picked up my ceramic pads from Napa Auto Parts. The dust is MUCH less than the stock pads.

As for the mirror, I remember reading a few posts awhile back about the mirrors wanting to keep moving down during reverse. Try a search and hopefully something turns up.

OP
OP
D

ddff

Reaction score
thanks, Keydo-- I got the pads, cant wait to install this weekend. bought the repair manual-- hopefully I can get the mirrors or the drivers seat module fixed too.( I will know the which is causing the problem because I am getting the scan tool tomorrow.

Lowandslow

Reaction score
on my x the mirrors move back to your preset setting when you hit your remote ie each remote controls one of the setting. so it might be that messing up. Also i have heard bad things about a glitch in the system. And when you turned off the back up setting did you loose the sensors in the back?

OP
OP
D

ddff

Reaction score
Lowandslow, I set both settings to the same position, but the mirrors return to the correct position only on rare occasions. turning off the reverse mode for the mirrors did not affect the sensors

Blake D

Reaction score
Check out your owners manual. In my 04 EB you can set the remote to the memory seat. Could this have happened to you? If so you can find the override in the book.