Sirius XM Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rakar

Reaction score
Hello

Just purchased a used 2017 Navigator and will not get rid of my 2007 Expedition XLT. I have a Sirius XM with a lifetime subscription on it in the Exp do you think I can pull it out of Expedition and put it in the Navigator? Where would the radio be located in both trucks?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hello

Just purchased a used 2017 Navigator and will not get rid of my 2007 Expedition XLT. I have a Sirius XM with a lifetime subscription on it in the Exp do you think I can pull it out of Expedition and put it in the Navigator? Where would the radio be located in both trucks?

Huh? The 2017 has SiriusXM built in to the Sync3 System, and an integrated antenna. Just add a subscription. Do you have a 3rd Party radio in the 2007, or 3rd party external SiriusXM module, or just the built in?

OP
OP
R

Rakar

Reaction score
The 2017 has the same round thingy on the roof on the passenger side. No 3rd party radio factory. The subscription is a lifetime from back in the day and is not transferable. I read the XM radio was in the console in the 2007 but cant find anything about the 2017. My through that if the XM was separate I would just swap them around.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The 2017 has the same round thingy on the roof on the passenger side. No 3rd party radio factory. The subscription is a lifetime from back in the day and is not transferable. I read the XM radio was in the console in the 2007 but cant find anything about the 2017. My through that if the XM was separate I would just swap them around.

Not going to be able to swap them. No where near the same hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Not going to be able to swap them. No where near the same hardware.
Not simply, at least, just as Loki says. You'll have to abandon the entire 2017 radio system and anything else it controls, and install the radio and head unit from the 2007. The 2007's system is a stand-alone system that will work wherever you put it, but the 2017 is not. If the 2017's system operates the heater, GPS or instruments you would be out of luck because you need it. Otherwise, you could in theory install the whole 2007 stuff in the 2017.

Last edited:

Michael Shepherd

Reaction score
Hello

I am guessing Siriius is experiencing declining subscriptions/renewals as it has gotten stupid expensive in the last few years. I am thinking the OP's best course of action would be to add the web/app to the Sirius subscription then install the Sirius XM app on a smart phone and connect it to the vehicle and listen via the Sirius via the app on the phone.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
I am thinking the OP's best course of action would be to add the web/app to the Sirius subscription
I doubt they'd let you add the web app to a lifetime subscription. These people are scrounging for every dollar. On my last renewal I was arguing with India for over an hour to get my usual $6/month deal.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PaulMedik