Siriusxm?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

974x4xlt

Reaction score
Have any of you hooked up a siriusxm radio to your stock radios? They have a separate box for the controls, and antenna etc to hook it all up but I'm unsure if it would be possible with the stock radio?

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Depends on the year and the stock radio. Some radios are equipped with a jack for the Satellite module, others are not. Later ones must be programmed to accept the module or recognize the option. Look at the parts books, see what you have and search for the Satellite module on ebay or in a junk yard. They were usually deep under the console. You'll also need the harness if it's not in the car, the antenna and its wire.

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pick up the Sirius FMDA25 when you buy your satellite tuner. It's an FM direct wiring "harness" that basically injects the satellite radio audio into the FM of the factory stereo.

You'll choose the fm station of your choice on the Sirius unit. You can change this as needed if you travel to pick one that has nothing else on it to minimize inference.

1c96be909440235f0fa08a67d5e1326e.jpg

zfifty

Full Access Members
Reaction score

zfifty

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The AUX jack is on the side of it. Also has a volume control and you can set the FM channel to your choosing. NSAA.

Last edited:

Grizguy

Reaction score
I did XM / sirius radio for years.. What a waste of money.. There are MUCH better options.. Pandora and spotify come to mind. One of my biggest issues with sirius radio. We PAY for the service, they claim no advertisements, but the DJ's keep rattling on like AM radio. Mat as well listen to the local radio station. I prob have a box of sirius antennas / radios / adapters someplace.

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would have to agree but sometimes that's exactly what someone wants. A talk radio experience they can get anywhere, anytime. My friends dad has Sirius for just that. He's paid for it for I don't know how many years...15-20? As long as I can remember anyway. Listens to maybe 3 stations on it. He drives across state lines almost daily and it allows him to have exact what he wants wherever he happens to be.

I ditched radio long ago, was early into streaming. We also haven't had cable or satellite since the early days of Netflix and the like. That was a little rough at first but it's much better now and has probably saved us over $10k...