Sluggish E.B. 2000 5.4 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

Im new here so bare with me, i traded my 98 E.B. 4x4 for a 2000 E.B. 4x4 low miles (41,000) and good price from a dealer ($19,000) well heres my problem, in this past summer (i live in the central valley in California Fresno to be exact its gets pretty hot ranging from 100 to 110 plus degrees) i noticed that everytime the fan clutch kicked on to push the hot air out the Expedition would run so bad that even if i punched it, it would go nowhere just barely move (considering i was punching it), just fan clutch noise, it was like if someone was holding me, i noticed that in the morning alot cooler by the way maybe 70 degrees it would run fine but not as strong as other Expeditions ive test drove, everytime the heat index indicator inside the Expedition would say about 100 degrees plus is when this problem really happened, i read in another Ford forum that there is a reflash for this problem, just take it the dealer and they reflash your PCM for $90 bucks and walla its fixed, its also a problem for some F150's and supercrews, sucks id say, especially when youre hauling a Expedition full of people and people are looking at you like ok the light is green. When it gets moving though its runs ok by saying ok i mean that it still doesnt run like a champ. I changed the factory itake to a Volant intake (true cold air) and a 75mm throttle body, today im gonna get my flowmaster exhaust installed. Please if any of you have experienced and dealt with this problem, please post thanks.