Small plastic cover for the hatch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gregg Eshelman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Part number 7L14-78429A52A Rectangular, curved across the middle.

Can't find online. Any chance a dealer may be able to get one? Two of the tiny tabs are broken off.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
I dont believe there were any factory hitch covers with exception of the FMF model

Last edited:

Plati

Reaction score
Always wondered why people ask a question like this on a Forum, instead of asking a dealer.

Sorry, not being critical of your question. Why not ask a dealer? Suggesting a solution...

Is there an online Ford parts ordering website? Or do you have to deal with a dealer? Parts.ford.com maybe

Salvage yard?

If it was me, temp to perm fix is Gorilla Tape, or I would fabricate a fastener with a screw and make the current one do more service. But I just enjoy that kind of thing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Gregg Eshelman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I tried searching the Ford parts site but it came up with nothing on the part number.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Part number 7L14-78429A52A Rectangular, curved across the middle.

Where did you find that part number? Is it stamped on the backside of the part itself? This can sometimes be an engineering part number, notorious for causing confusion.

See if you have any luck with 7L1Z-7840704-AB

(last two characters AB = camel/tan interior. AA = for stone/grey, AC = charcoal/black)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze