So, how do I know if i have "Intelligent Access" aka proximity door locks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcmeyer5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2015 Limited. I have Push to Start. However, my doors dont unlock when I grab the handle. My wife has a 2014 Explorer Sport and hers do. I am guessing the easy way to tell is if there is a sensor in the door handle? Or do some of these not have the sensors?

3tonsoffun

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2015 Limited. I have Push to Start. However, my doors dont unlock when I grab the handle. My wife has a 2014 Explorer Sport and hers do. I am guessing the easy way to tell is if there is a sensor in the door handle? Or do some of these not have the sensors?
Expeditions dont have the intelligent access door unlock by holding the handle. All it’s got is a proximity sensor in your fob that allows you to get close to the truck and press any button on pad to unlock the doors say if your keys are in pocket

3tonsoffun

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is that not also considered 'intelligent access?
Idk and honestly have never seen a definition. OP is asking about a feature way more advanced than having a fob and having to be close enough to press a button on the pad and then opening the door. I would consider the explorers handle sensor as intelligent access as compared to what we have but it’s under personal interpretation

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

I have a 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4, purchased new.

If you read your vehicle owner’s manual, you will find the answer that you seek.