Sony system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phildo

Reaction score
So I just bought a 2015 expedition el xlt. It has the 12 speaker Sony sound system in it. In my opinion this system kinda stinks. Anybody else have this problem? I've tried messing with the settings but still my factory stereo in my old 96 Chrysler cirrus sounded better. Any advice on upgrading the sound system without spending thousands?

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ive noticed this too. the pre refresh models have a way louder and fuller sounding audio system, its almost embarassing ford puts that sysyem in a 50k vehicle. it almost sounds tinny yet there supposed to be 12 premium speakers in it. that may be your best bet is to replace your speakers, that way you dont run the risk of distirbing all the electronics thats tied to the audio system.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Sony system in the Escape loaner the dealer gave me was one of the best stock systems I've ever heard. It's a shame they couldn't put a decent one in the Expedition.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its weird, that they can put amazing systems in most their vehicles but horrible systems in others. I used to think it was the speaker placement but the navi audio system is gorgeous in comparison and the speakers are in the same place for the most part.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I just bought a 2015 expedition el xlt. It has the 12 speaker Sony sound system in it. In my opinion this system kinda stinks. Anybody else have this problem? I've tried messing with the settings but still my factory stereo in my old 96 Chrysler cirrus sounded better. Any advice on upgrading the sound system without spending thousands?

I ordered and bought a new 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4 with the Sony system. I really like the sound.

What don't you like about the system?

Kwik SC

Reaction score
When you crank it up the bass dies out and you're left with this horrible tinny sounding system. I plan to install a stealth box in mine this summer to offset this problem.

2007Limited

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The system in my 07 surprised me for a factory system. With that, I mean it's decent with a little thump. I have been toying with the idea of replacing the factory sub with an aftermarket. Don't want to drop $700 on a Stealthbox, might just put a JL sub in the factory enclosure.

RedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ExpeditonAZ... what unit is that? been thinking of replacing my stock unit (have the nav system but and updated the nav dvd but it's still not like my phone lol).. i like that one!!!!