Spark Plug Location 2000 Expd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rwinch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why do you remove them???:confused:

This is the kind of blanket statement that makes me just a little jaded when coming from a poster from a dealership. Of course you would change them out with Motorcraft plugs...I don't think you carry anything else in your inventory!!

I you want to convince us, tell us WHY they do not work as well. Do they foul up easier? Do they not maintain their gap(s)?, Do they not run hot enough???, Etc., Etc.

As for being engineered to be used on the Triton, well, what came first, the chicken or the egg??

I have good news AND bad for the Bosch plugs (+2s & +4s). And what about those new Iridium Plugs, has anybody given them a shot????

Anyway, I should be changing mine soon, but I would like some good hard data to compare all the options :matchup:

OP
OP
G

I used standard Bosch platinums. I may be crazy for going with the cheaper ones, but so far it has run fine with them.

After reading more here, it seems that Motorcraft is recommended, so if I start to experience problems I'm going to pull them all and spend the extra $30 difference to get the Motorcrafts.

99 Expedition

coryrhonda

Reaction score
I have to say at the shop I work at (not a dealer) we have changed recently installed Bosch plats to the factory installed plats or factory installed standard type and smoothed out idle problems with certin motor types. But if it works on one truck should work on all of the same trucks. We try to stay with brand and type that was factory installed but sometimes they are not avalible in the time frame we need or too expensive to sell we gamble with good luck on autolite. I realy don't know why the Bosch design has done that, I have had good results and long life in the past in my own cars with Bosch Plats.

2000expy

Reaction score
How often do you change plugs? :nopity: Use the Motorcraft plugs, don't use Bosch and all those other brands. I got them for $3.88 each on Rockauto.com. Buy the OEM plug. Come on. I need to know what the gap should be. BTW, you don't need a bunch of socket swivels and 20 elbows. You need a 7mm wrench for the ignitor screw, and the small spark plug socket with medium extension for back two plugs and long extension for front two plugs. Rwinch is showing the easy side of the engine too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire