Spark Plugs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
nvycrmn

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so i am going to re-attempt to change the spark plugs this weekend. gonna have to wait to change out the COP's, unless I find one that absolutely needs it. is it advisable to use di-lectric grease on the tops of the spark plugs? also, if the top portion of the COP looks good but the rubber boot looks a little worn, can't i just replace the boot itself? they are a lot cheaper! haha

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
How do these stupid engineers get to design cars and truck...OH WAIT...thats cuz there stupid...I would like to get the guy and his friends and the ones who approved this ****************in nightmare design and have him change plugs in all of our trucks...make sure the are all wearing ties so when they are done and we start them up they get caught in the fan blades...:flamingdevil::badidea::gr_guns::emotions122::biggun::shooter::hunter:

Soldier777

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine was doing the same thing but ended up being O2 sensors... just putting it out there

Soldier777

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thats exactly what mine was doing no codes for about a week then finally and it was O2's

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
most people don't realize O-2 sensors should be replaced about 50K....Its an expensive adventure especially if you have 4 of them...But I believe you change the upstream first and then the two downstream....if cost is not an issue...do all 4 at once...better performance and MPG. My 10cents worth..

OP
OP
nvycrmn

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
so this is the issue, i dont have enough money to change plugs, cops, and o2 sensors. the shuddering felt mostly at low rpms up until about 2k range. once i get over 2k, the "missing" doesnt seem to be as noticeable (unless at constant rpm going up steep hill, say at 2k rpm. then there is some hesitation). so question is, where do i start first? how hard is it to change O2 sensors? hesitation is VERY noticable at low rpms, say 45mph at 1200 rpm...