Spark plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J_82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What spark plug do you all recommend on 2016 3.5 TT ecoboost? I have 80k miles and looking at replacing my spark plugs but I was wondering what is recommend? TIA

Cajunman

Reaction score
NGK makes a solid plug. Recommend their iridium. I am going to be buying their ruthenium plugs, but I don't have the experience with them to recommend them.

mr_dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also a fan of NGK iridium. I've used them on multiple engines both with forced induction and not, with great results. Just be careful you don't get counterfeit plugs.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Plugs are a commodity. I don't think it matters as long as it's a reputable brand. The OEM interval is probably too long. Mine didn't make it to 100K and the boots disintegrated upon removal.

BMW2FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you buy OEM Motorcraft plugs, their usually NGK Iridium for Ford turbo engines. I get them from the dealer all the time since you will for sure get the right plug and the price is good as well. Beware of E-bay and Amazon plugs. Lots of fake plugs that cause a lot of drive ability issues. Check the plug manufacturers website if you go that route and they inform how to tell if it’s a fake. I just purchased plugs for my 4th Gen from the local Ford dealer and they were NGK Iridium’s pre gapped and a little less than $10 each.