spray foam in a can

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
I have been reading threads here about making our trucks a little more sound proof....I took the rear panels off the cargo bay area and there is nothing in those areas for sound....and you cant even get your finger in those spots let alone your hand....I was thinking about spray foam as when its sprayed it falls into every crack and then expands...makes for a great sound barrier...I was just wondering if it had enough strength to expand and buckle outer sheet metal? anyone try this yet? :hmm:

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I would say the expanding stuff could cause bulges in the body panels depending on where and how much you use.

I would also be a bit concerned it could hold in moisture if it happens to get wet.... not ideal in the long term.

Wow.... a lot of info out there on this subject.
Found this:

http://www.dowautomotive.com/capabilities/product_family/betafoam.htm

Last edited:

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
You're far better off using a product that is specifically made for that purpose.

Lizard skin spray on soundproofer, dynamat, etc.

Spray foam is just going to cause rust and rot, as it will hold moisture.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this would be good for bass off vehicles going for db's

OP
OP
BakerEdition

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
Im only thinking of using this in the rear quarters...I dont believe water can get in those...there is no way to get your hand in some of those spaces let lone a finger...

OP
OP
BakerEdition

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
the foam gets inside from the inside after removing in the plastic trim panels inside the truck...I have also had this truck rustproofed completely by Ziebart when I had it shipped from California.