Squeaky Window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lreiner

Reaction score
2000 Expedition, EB XLT. 77,000 miles.
My driver-side window has terrible squeak upon roll-up/roll-down.
Any suggestions I might try at home before I take it in to a shop for servicing?

mustangswan

Reaction score
Remove the door panel( dont forget the screw in the coutesy lamp at the bottom of the door panel) and try some lithuim gease in the tracks and the pivets/ slides on the regulator assembly in the door. ( not the actual window run/felt part). And some WD40 type lube to get into the parts a brush and grease will not get to. Then run it up and down a bunch. Fixed one to that sounded about the same that way. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
L

lreiner

Reaction score
Many thanks.
I'll give it a shot this weekend.

Originally posted by mustangswan
Remove the door panel( dont forget the screw in the coutesy lamp at the bottom of the door panel) and try some lithuim gease in the tracks and the pivets/ slides on the regulator assembly in the door. ( not the actual window run/felt part). And some WD40 type lube to get into the parts a brush and grease will not get to. Then run it up and down a bunch. Fixed one to that sounded about the same that way. Hope this helps.