Stalling vehicle stalling life

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nh21

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2008 expedition limited. It is causing me a huge headache.

It likes to stall out. I could be sitting at red-light or drive-thru (vehicle in drive) and then, BAM! it stalls. It fires right back up though. It also stalls when going in reverse. Once again fires back up.

If you leave the vehicle in park, it will idle perfectly fine. It drives down the road without missing a beat.

Has anyone else had this problem?

mrbadwrench

Reaction score
Maybe if you observe the RPM while idling in drive, reverse, and neutral you can get a clue. Or try putting it in neutral while stopped until you get a better answer.

OP
OP
N

Nh21

Reaction score
I did notice while in park the RPMS are a hair over 1000, but once you put it into drive they drop to about 600

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2008 expedition limited. It is causing me a huge headache.

It likes to stall out. I could be sitting at red-light or drive-thru (vehicle in drive) and then, BAM! it stalls. It fires right back up though. It also stalls when going in reverse. Once again fires back up.

If you leave the vehicle in park, it will idle perfectly fine. It drives down the road without missing a beat.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I’d bet the inside of the throttle body is dirty, preventing enough air to bypass the butterfly valve at idle with a load (in drive and/or the A/C on) - causing the stall.

Blksmk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check the crank position sensor.

Mine just started and replaced it and so far runs silk smooth