Starter Issue :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mindgame

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi gang,

FINALLY had some timeoff on Sunday to give my Expy a test run of the the RIZE lift :)

Was able to do some mudding and thus the Expy was finally baptized!!!

All throughout the day, had no starting issue on Sunday. Came back home late Sunday and started to wash down the Expy....

Since the engine was a mess, I sprayed down the engine to clean it.. (Have done this many times without Issues..)..

Yesterday, when I wanted to start the car. Turned the key. Nothing... No crank.. Turn key to the off position, and back to ignition.. Engine turns..
It continued to be like this all day yesterday... First turn of the key, nothing but lights on console. Turn key fully off.. Then Turn back to ignition.. Engine turns.

Today, thinking that my battery is going bad... 6 years old Optima Yellow.. Figured... Oh wells.. Lets get a new battery anyways, since we'll be going out more often now :)

Put the new battery in.. Same behavior.. Except!! not it takes 4 or 5 times of on/off cycles before the starter even cranks..

Any help on this is greatly appreciated....
starter solenoid?

Thanks!!!

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hows all your connections including grounds.... have had ground issues before were it wouldn't start

wwareham2008

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Starter solenoid was the first thing that jumped in my head. It's not a real expensive part anyways so if you do change it, it's not like your out big money. Or since I got the ok to get another truck you could sell it to me.

OP
OP
mindgame

mindgame

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Starter solenoid was the first thing that jumped in my head. It's not a real expensive part anyways so if you do change it, it's not like your out big money.

Had a bitc* of a time tracing where the solenoid is... It's not on the passenger side firewall... It's integrated to the dang Starter!!! *sigh* Well.. Gonna drive it down to Ford hoping it is the dang TSB issue.. All was good until I washed away the mud in the engine bay...

Or since I got the ok to get another truck you could sell it to me.

shaddup :)

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imjuststeven