Stay in Neutral Mode for car wash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

mssbf2011

Reaction score
Thanks to all that replied. Sounds like if:

• truck is kept running
  • I stay in the truck
  • driver seat belt stays fastened
I could just put it in neutral and all should be fine. Of course, the official language in the manual says:

Note: Always put your vehicle in Stay in Neutral mode when entering an automatic car wash. Failure to do this could result in vehicle damage not covered by warranty. (p. 188)

I'm wondering if the truck will shift into Park if I just put it into neutral and the wheels are moving because the conveyor track is pulling it through the car wash. I'd hate to have that happen.

Is there a situation where the wheels moving, without it being placed in Stay in Neutral mode, would cause the transmission to shift back into Park? I'm wondering if wheel speed or something would cause this....to the points listed in prior posts about towing this vehicle.

zarga

Reaction score
I've gone through the car wash many times (darn this white truck!) and only once put it in SiN mode. I didn't like having to step on the brake to disengage it with the car behind me so close. I haven't put in SiN mode since and have never had a problem.

OP
OP
M

mssbf2011

Reaction score
I've gone through the car wash many times (darn this white truck!) and only once put it in SiN mode. I didn't like having to step on the brake to disengage it with the car behind me so close. I haven't put in SiN mode since and have never had a problem.

Great to hear! Tapping the brake to get back into Drive was the same complaint from my wife. She said it stresses her out...

Thanks