Stealth vs Stealth Performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If sport tuned suspension is anything like that 18 Navigator black label I had, there will be some unhappy owners. It was so stiff that it jumped sideways on the freeway on the cement seams because it was stiff as a board. It wheel literally axle hopped and the rear tires came free of the road surface and it stepped sideways on every bump. My CCD expedition never ever does that. Even in conserve mode the Lincoln rode stiff and rough in my opinion.
I'd test drive one before I committed $80K to it! Just trying to help....

Polo08816

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If sport tuned suspension is anything like that 18 Navigator black label I had, there will be some unhappy owners. It was so stiff that it jumped sideways on the freeway on the cement seams because it was stiff as a board. It wheel literally axle hopped and the rear tires came free of the road surface and it stepped sideways on every bump. My CCD expedition never ever does that. Even in conserve mode the Lincoln rode stiff and rough in my opinion.
I'd test drive one before I committed $80K to it! Just trying to help....
Are you sure that rear shock wasn't defective and would not compress anymore?

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you sure that rear shock wasn't defective and would not compress anymore?

It wasn't. The shocks were inspected for leaks by me, and if they have any electronic failures, the check engine light comes on. They only had like 19,000 miles on them as well.
I followed the Navigator down the freeway while my wife drove it. I was in my expedition. I could visually see daylight under each rear tire on the seams and bridge bumps and such. I could even see it jump sideways, and I knew she had to correct the wheel. We were on speaker phone talking about what she felt vs what I saw. It was just rough as hell. It literally made your internals hurt after a 2 hr drive getting beat up in it. Thats honestly why we sold it. The engine replacement was done well, but it just rode like a dumptruck.

CGalex

Reaction score
The only thing that really excited me about the 304A was the HP. I just couldn’t justify $5k after tax for 40 more HP. So we ended up ordering a 303A after much deliberation. I believe the sport tuned CCD is the same between the two per the guide.
same here. I just could not justify a $5000 bump for 40 HP/TORQUE and 10 more speakers. I am good with fact that if I was racing a limited with 304A, they will beat me off the line by a second or less :) and after 12 speakers what is 10 more gonna do. I have a dedicated UHD/4K Home Theatre with a killer Dolby Atmos surround sound and it only has 9 speakers and a sub so not sure where 22 are going in a SUV?

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
same here. I just could not justify a $5000 bump for 40 HP/TORQUE and 10 more speakers. I am good with fact that if I was racing a limited with 304A, they will beat me off the line by a second or less :) and after 12 speakers what is 10 more gonna do. I have a dedicated UHD/4K Home Theatre with a killer Dolby Atmos surround sound and it only has 9 speakers and a sub so not sure where 22 are going in a SUV?
Everywhere. My rear view mirror has speakers! This was a "hold my beer" moment when someone said "where you going to put 10 more speakers".
Although, I think the Caddy has like 30 or something, they put 2 in each headrest too, ford cheaped out and didn't put any in my headrests.

MattG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The SPP on 91+ you can really feel the ~4.9 sec 0-60.

This thing is a rocket, especially for its girth.

sdinwiddie85

Reaction score
The SPP on 91+ you can really feel the ~4.9 sec 0-60.

This thing is a rocket, especially for its girth.
My experience has been same as yours. It’s the heaviest vehicle I have ever owned but also the fastest accelerating. Doesn’t mess around getting to 60.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My experience has been same as yours. It’s the heaviest vehicle I have ever owned but also the fastest accelerating. Doesn’t mess around getting to 60.
She’s quick. Gets to 80 without any hesitation.
I haven’t driven the new grand wagoner, but I think that’s the only other 7-8 seater that tows 9k+ with this much power. I have to double check the GLS AMG stats, but think it’s 7200 lb towing.

22stealthexpo

Reaction score
Just received my SPP and can confirm it's fast and a blast to drive, especially in Sport mode. Feels like a big V8 under the hood. I did get the sport tuned suspension with CCD and don't find it harsh at all. Ride is great and body roll well controlled. Steering feel is a little numb but that's well known.