steering wheel wiggles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
on our 1997 expedition the steering wheel itself has up and down and side to side play, you can rock the wheel side to side if you grab it. has anyone else had this problem?

OP
OP
Big Red Monster

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
very helpful lol thanks anyways. this is happening on my dads truck, it just started like a couple days ago, we were told their are 3 bolts on the steering wheel that could have came loose but that dont sound right.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
very helpful lol thanks anyways. this is happening on my dads truck, it just started like a couple days ago, we were told their are 3 bolts on the steering wheel that could have came loose but that dont sound right.

:Big Laugh:

Seems like with a bit of investigating you could locate the source.

EXPI2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My steering wheel had play in it a while back. Took center off and seen it was oblonged where the wheel sits onbthe shaft. Went to pic a part and grabbed a wheel from an f150 and no problems since.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 using Tapatalk

215Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the same issue, mine rocks up and down, I figured the bolts might be loose and was going to try and figure out how to fix it i don't think it is that hard.