Strut Updrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris Early

Reaction score
Anyone have experience upgrading the factory struts? Front 2 just replaced under warranty, but no sign of leaks on the rear. Ride quality is not what it should be for a "luxury" suv. I would describe it as a loose dribble. Not aweful, just incredibly aggravating
2019 Limited Max, no CCD
Considering 5100's for front and rear.
Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone have experience upgrading the factory struts? Front 2 just replaced under warranty, but no sign of leaks on the rear. Ride quality is not what it should be for a "luxury" suv. I would describe it as a loose dribble. Not aweful, just incredibly aggravating
2019 Limited Max, no CCD
Considering 5100's for front and rear.
Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I think the Bilstein 5100’s are our only option besides stock. I have 12000 miles on mine and they are great. Also, that is 6 times longer than the stock shocks.

Conrad Penner

Reaction score
I have a question about the 5100's and maybe im missing something. If i go on Bilsteins website and look for shocks for my 2017 expedition max, there is nothing listed. Actually nothing for expeditions at all. Can someone help me out with that? i need to order some shocks and want the bilsteins, but cant figure out what to order.

The rest of the story is, our expedition went for a short drive 3 nights ago of about 20 miles. In the morning there were 2 puddles of oil under it. Both shocks blown out. Can you believe that?? Ridiculous