Subwoofer Amplifier Installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the write up, I’ve been trying to get my 2017 with factory Sony system wired with a aftermarket amp and sub. I tried the LOC in the same speaker but the sub would hardly come on, more vocals than bass. Any way you can talk me through this problem it’s driving me nuts. Thanks

Being the Sony system that speaker is probably heavily filtered, likely has a high pass crossover at the factory amp which would explain the exact issue you are having. You'd need to grab signal pre amp or at a full range speaker if possible. What LOC and amp are you using?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got a dumb question not really related to your install but, how can you jump start your SUV when battery is drained? Do you jump it at firewall starter relay, and a good ground point?

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

i put the cables and charger on like normal...system is isolated so no harm from jump or charge

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow GAIN-MOB, that is an incredible install. What alternators did you put in there and how did you mount them? Also, what have you got for batteries/capacitors now?

thx...i had a fab shop make a harness that uses secondary belt in the event i have to remove 1 of them i can still drive...i have 3 Apex High Output Alternators...370a each and on the motor...each idle at 15.1 to .2...capacitors are not used and not needed for ANY install...just get a h/o alt and spare battery and there wont be any dimming lights...the bigger the amp...the bigger the battery/alt or multiple batteries/alts...you MUST find out the amount of juice needed to push your amps...i have northstar gp 65 under the hood...3-370a alts and 2 NS480AGM batteries and my voltage stays at 13v for 25K watts rms...no dimming lights and the NS480AGM batteries are super deep cycle slow dissipation rate so i can parking lot pimp for a very long time and start right up

my truck sat for 5 months and the battery still had enough juice to turn on interior lights and radio...just not enough to crank...just needed a small boost and by the time i got on the road good it was rumbling nice

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a song for you to listen to for your system, no its not Bass Mechanic or anything... All I got is a pair of 12's in my Expedition and and old school Orion HCCA225 amp powering them. You went big time with your system... Send me a PM with your email, and I will send you a link for the download. Or just zip my file and send it to you!

Its Taylor Swift-Blank Space... Hits HARD! Retuned at 27, 30, 33, and 36 Hz.

my subs were custom built to play 15hz!!!

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Two questions! 1) The green adjustable cross bracing members. Where do i find them? Need something like that for my 3rd row delete to support a floor. 2) The bumper cover for the trailer receiver. Is that OEM? Part number? Where do I find one in silver? 1705423099162.jpeg

HushCarAudio

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the write up, I’ve been trying to get my 2017 with factory Sony system wired with a aftermarket amp and sub. I tried the LOC in the same speaker but the sub would hardly come on, more vocals than bass. Any way you can talk me through this problem it’s driving me nuts. Thanks

You'll need a PAC bypass unit for a clean signal to the amp.