Sudden Alternator Death Syndrome (SADS)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
Well Had to replace the alternator due to the battery shorting out....Had a 11.5 surface charge in the battery and the alternator would charge until I put anything on and barely with nothing on...I replaced it with a 240amp from the link below....the guy cut me a deal for 160.00 shipped brand new....I asked if he carried new starters as well and he shipped me a new high torque for 100.00. the battery was covered under warrenty under a 3 year free replacement...I only did the starter cuz its the original and is 13 years old with 105k on it. I think I did good on the the prices....Voltage shows 14.2 steady on my Edge with everything on and in drive.

Lincoln Town Car Crown Victoria Expedition Alternator 240 High Amp 95 1996 1997 | eBay

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like you made out well Baker! We put 3 alternators in my truck over the span of a year and a half when I was a freshman in high school. Since then though this one has worked fine.

OP
OP
BakerEdition

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
the company out of California is called Eagle Automotive...everything comes with a one year replacement.

here is the guys phone number and is very quick to respond to e-mails also: 818-775-1005

Last edited: