SumoSpring Coil Helpers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr0idattack

Reaction score
I have them also, and I think they help some.

But the best thing to reduce sag (and sway) is to get a good WDH and set it up properly. I like the Equalizer E4 and don’t like the Andersen chain-based hitch.

OP
OP
Neil T Casey

Neil T Casey

Reaction score
Thanks for the info @Dr0idattack and @KCAutosound. Did you guys do just the rear or did you do all 4?

Yea I do need to get a WDH. It pulls my boat just fine but when I rented a bigger tractor for some over seeding it completely dropped the rear.

KCAutosound

Reaction score
Thanks for the info @Dr0idattack and @KCAutosound. Did you guys do just the rear or did you do all 4?

Yea I do need to get a WDH. It pulls my boat just fine but when I rented a bigger tractor for some over seeding it completely dropped the rear.
I only did the rears. I run a 1200lb Eaz-Lift Weight Distribution Hitch with dual sway controllers due to the 38ft length of my trailer.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Anchorclanker

Reaction score
I had them too, on my 08, rear only. I wasn't sure how well they were working (I'm was new to RV towing at the time) until I had new shocks installed. I left them out of the new setup and I could feel the difference the first time I towed. Many campgrounds I've been to are off of country back roads and some of the dips are enough to really compress the springs.

Bill Van Den Acre

Reaction score
Have them on the rear of my Expedition and on my 34' Travel Trailer. Notice a big difference with towing , especially when being passed by tractor trailers (trailer Sumo Springs). Helps with the weight on the rear of the expedition (Sumo Springs), use an Equal-i-zer 14k WDH.

Texas Dave

Reaction score
I installed them on the rear of my 2007 Expedition for towing my 31' Airstream. They made a huge difference. They reduced bouncing and improved over all feeling of control. I am very pleased with the Sumo Springs.

RustyOval

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just put a set on the rear of my 09. I will pull my 30' TT to Michigan this coming weekend and I am really looking forward to see what difference is made ... if any. The Sumosprings were a real PIA to install, here's to hoping it was worth it! I already use an Equalizer WDH.