SumoSpring Coil Helpers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr0idattack

Reaction score
My towing “build” (which has pretty much eliminated white knuckle driving):
2013 Limited with HD Tow
Falken Wildpeaks (LT tires, aired close to 80psi when towing)
Bilstein 4600 shocks/struts
Sumo Springs (rear only)
Equal-I-zer 12k E4

I tow a Riverside Retro 265, and can hit 75mph if I want (but 70 is probably best, or 60 if it gets really windy).

richs fishes

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've never towed anything prior to this year when using the Expedition to tow a popup camper (~3500 lbs). I experience a sort of jerky feeling....kind of a push - pull from front to back. I don't think the camper is big/heavy enough to warrant a WDH but I wonder if something like these coil helpers might help get rid of that feeling?

RustyOval

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just put a set on the rear of my 09. I will pull my 30' TT to Michigan this coming weekend and I am really looking forward to see what difference is made ... if any. The Sumosprings were a real PIA to install, here's to hoping it was worth it! I already use an Equalizer WDH.

Update: Just got back from Michigan yesterday. This is only 125 miles one way and fairly flat, but I do see a difference in less squat (I didn't keep my "before" measurements). My Expy passes my eye test though. Next to Lake Michigan on the west side there were gale force winds 39-54 MPH and my Expy was rock solid and much stiffer riding with the TT in tow and my LT tires aired up. I think the Sumosprings were well worth the money.

Dr0idattack

Reaction score
I've never towed anything prior to this year when using the Expedition to tow a popup camper (~3500 lbs). I experience a sort of jerky feeling....kind of a push - pull from front to back. I don't think the camper is big/heavy enough to warrant a WDH but I wonder if something like these coil helpers might help get rid of that feeling?

Maybe, certainly easy enough to try. But a WDH still might be helpful.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tighten the hitch on the ball. There will always be some slack in that connection. Just a part of towing.