Sunroof broke in vent mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BluBlocker

Reaction score
Thanks Himzka,
Mine just broke today...heard a loud snap. At least now I'll try to close it...rainy months just started here in Texas. Hope you were clear from Dorian!

BluBlocker

Reaction score
Himzka's quick/temporary repair was easy. Just unscrewed the four torx 20 screws...lifted the glass up and out of the way. I slid the rails all the way forward, and put the plastic positioning guides in the middle "notch" which is the sunroof in the fully closed position (not vent), and put the screws back in and leveled the glass. I appreciate the advise...lots of rain forecast for next week and no time for the real fix.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my 2013 f150 did this, it ate a few plastic pieces, and jammed a safety switch, we did the similar trick to close it so i could get to the shop
it was a huge event to change it out. practically the entire interior was removed, seats, console, head liner, etc. the system is HUGE.
took the tech 3 days to swap out the old with a new track system.

That's some clownish "blinker fluid" extortion act

Pulling the headliner takes <15 minutes

Seats shouldn't be an issue in a vehicle with 3 rows, but fronts can be removed even quicker in literally 4 bolts per should you for some reason want to (imho just fold rears recline fronts and throw towels over em if concerned about your leather)