Sunroof rebuild can't reprogram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sccritterkiller

Reaction score
My tracks ate them selves a week or so ago. Got the sunroof dr kit..got it tour apart and reinstalled and I can't get to reprogram. When I press the slide button to open nothing...it will till up and then back down...anybody know what I did wrong...I did test it manually before I reinstalled the assembly and it worked fine.
TIA
sc

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sccritterkiller

Sccritterkiller

Reaction score
Dropped the headliner again and manually test roof works fine.got to close perfect so it doesnt leak or whistle going down the road...I think I have an electrical issue as my maps lights wont come on with door open and visor lights dont work..yes they are pluggin... too visors off and doubled checked...I am all ears if somebody has any suggestions.

OP
OP
Sccritterkiller

Sccritterkiller

Reaction score
Electrical issues fixed...ran a visor screw they the wire...patched and working fine...still looking for info on reprogramming roof or pinout for switch so I can test.

Cyclone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you for updating the thread. Glad you got it fixed.

OP
OP
Sccritterkiller

Sccritterkiller

Reaction score
Fixed electrical issues...still trying to initialize sunroof and looking for pinout on switch to test.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've seen the initialization instructions on this website somewhere.

As common with nearly all model Fords, you have to press & hold the slide back button for like 15 or maybe 20 seconds. Key has to be in the run position (not accessory) or ideally with the truck running. After the 15 or 20 seconds the roof should start to slide back, at which point you let go of the switch. It should slide all the way back, pause, and then return to the fully closed position. Travel distance is learned. If this happened, you turn the key off and "programming" is done. The one-touch should work after this initialization.

Seems like I read somewhere that this only works if the drivers door is open, but others said the programming worked with it closed, so who knows.

pitdexion

Reaction score
With ignition key ON Ford says:

1. For an existing roof opening panel motor/module:
    • Press and hold the slide switch until the roof opening panel glass moves to the full OPEN position. Release the switch.
    • Press and hold the slide switch for approximately 10 seconds. The roof opening panel will cycle slightly rearward and then slightly forward to the stored OPEN position.
    • Quickly release and re-press and hold the slide switch. The roof opening panel glass will move to full VENT position, then back to CLOSED (initialization movements). The initialization movements will start within approximately 3 seconds after the switch is pressed.
  1. Release the slide switch and test the system for normal operation by carrying out one-touch open, one-touch close and one-touch vent operations.

OP
OP
Sccritterkiller

Sccritterkiller

Reaction score
Reprogram complete!...took 22 seconds to move but finally did and repair is complete.
Thanks!
sc