Sunshade Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anybody else’s Vista Sunroof sunshade make a clanking noise when opening and closing? It is always worse when it is opening and closing over the front seats. See video below. I couldn’t find any threads on the topic.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anybody else’s Vista Sunroof sunshade make a clanking noise when opening and closing? It is always worse when it is opening and closing over the front seats. See video below. I couldn’t find any threads on the topic.

Ewww...no. That thing sounds like the suspension on a 1998 Pontiac. I'm sorry yours does that.

Bow512

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine makes a noise but nothing that loud.

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
mine does not. Have you tried lubing the tracks with some silicone grease?

OP
OP
wakeboarder

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
mine does not. Have you tried lubing the tracks with some silicone grease?

It’s at the dealer now for an oil change. I also asked them to look at this. It sounds like it is coming from the roller/motor in the back. I also say this because the frequency of occurrence increases the further the sunshade is extended.

Thank you for confirming that this is not a “normal” noise.

JennyD

Reaction score
Yikes. No. Nothing like that at all. Hope the dealership has a quick/easy answer for you.

Bones

Reaction score
Mine had sounds like that and the dealer replaced the cable system because it was binding. It was at the dealer for a few days but they got that fixed.

OP
OP
wakeboarder

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine had sounds like that and the dealer replaced the cable system because it was binding. It was at the dealer for a few days but they got that fixed.

On my invoice, it said they replaced the sunshade assembly (FL3Z-16519A-02). It took about 5 days total.

What part was listed on the invoice for your repair?

I’ll post a video of how it sounds now. It is much better. It only has a light hum.

Squark

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you still have the video? My shade makes a lot of noise as it opens and closes. I tried lubricating the track to no avail.