Suspension Lifts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

napew2009

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi guys. I have 2 questions: First, I'm at a fork in the road. Initially, I wanted to put a lift on my truck and enquired about 6 inch lift. Then the shop priced out $5000 for equipment and install which really too much for me. Then I started to browse thru internet pictures and came across some very nice low riders including some on this forum. My trucks a 4x4 and it would be a shame if i just made it into a street rider. What other cost effective solutions are the way to go if I wanted a suspension lift and not just a body lift? Second question: what problems would i notice if my torsion bar(s) needed replacing? I write this because i've noticed a clunk when my wheels are turning on an uphill road. I've already changed the conrol arm, tie rods, new front shocks, and numerous mechanics have said my front end is tight. (as you can probably tell, this is my first time owning a vehicle with a torsion bar and i dont know its befefits as opposed to a more tradiional suspension, coils...)

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
as for the suspension lift, you can find some kits online for relatively cheap. you can get 6" for under 2k. then just gotta find another shop that will install it. it shouldnt cost that much. when i had a 6" quoted on my 98, it was just under 5k and that included rims and tires. ur best bet is to just shop around.

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
other option is a 2/3 level lift, and a 3 inch body lift, that will give you 5 inches, and allow up to 36" tires, i have less than 400$ into my parts, and did all the work myself

gjhanson2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fabtech makes a good lift for Expeditions. I'm running a set of 3.5" spindles on my truck. I know they make a 7" (spindles plus a suspension upgrade). I forget the price, but its not too bad. Plus, Fabtech makes really high quality equipment and if you're willing to do it yourself like I did, the instructions are clear and easy to follow.

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ya know at the hight of your truck, removeing the running boards will give it a more agressive look, mine looked taller when i pulled the rbs, then i added the 3 inch body lift and thought about putting them back on, then decided i liked it better with out them

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
fabtech all the way this is the 2nd fabtech 6" i have had... first one in my 97 f150 and now this one in my 99 expy... expensive but if you want quality and big this is the only way to go...

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
im just saying if he went 2/3 and 3 inch body lift he could add 5 inches and save for fab 6 and be as tall as you are, couse he can combine them with the fab lift, like with me and the 5 inch rize, or the 6 inch fab, will give me 10, or 11

Last edited: