Swapping in-dash 6-CD to OEM NAV/CD unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Brian your a few years younger than me, but he'll I grew up with Am radio was all we listened to. Played all music back then here in bay area. Well 3 choices for the right harness, keep watching E bay, keep going to local wreckers keeping eye out for Eddie Bauer, or 3 bite the bullet, see if still available from Ford. Any of the 3 be sure its returnable, if wrong!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you check the configuration menu (you can find the access directions on line for 07 and 08) you can see if the unit's programmed for a sub woofer or not. Mine was and I thought it sounded okay even without one. But I have tin ears and after installing the woofer it made the bass much better.

The menu also lets you switch the screen to Mustang, Lincoln or Ford, change the colors and even show analog gauges for speed and stuff.

Trainmaster have you ever had the no GPS icon? It’s a constant companion on my screen. The gps wasn’t working at times. I just replaced the gps antenna and it went away for about two days and now it’s back. The diagnosis says well.... nothing. Still moves and shows position on the map currently unlike before.
58FCD113-7B51-4E2B-815B-D70A1AAFAE85.jpeg

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it was my stupidity, the antenna was upside down. I put the magnet down on the metal but this time double side takes it to the underside of dash panel..... works now.

Last edited:

Dwilds

Reaction score
Just installed an aftermarket KENWOOD DNX574S in my 03 Expedition XLT. Very useful on our 3100 mile Colorado camping trip last week.
9c18a81fba75034934b60961a62329fc.jpg4f9c22b1ab7e105d1c3ac16089d0aef0.jpg

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought an ATOTO android head unit for $169 on Amazon, includes a backup camera, uses Google maps for navigation, just like having a smartphone in your dash

I have had it for over a year now, works fantastic

View attachment 25651

Which if any Metra etc. harnesses or mounting kits did that require?

Thx

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Threads like this frustrate me.
I hate that all the crap is so integrated in the 15-17s.
I just want to throw in the aftermarket double DIN unit of my choice and be done but no, Ford thinks it would be great to throw HVAC controls and the like in the setup.
Ass clowns!