Sync 3.19274

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
any timeframe when this will be available through a standard update?

Everything noted is that if you are on 3.0, there will not be a 3.4 upgrade. The reason is that it requires a reformat of the entire system and just ad "fix" or "added features" like most updates are.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Everything noted is that if you are on 3.0, there will not be a 3.4 upgrade. The reason is that it requires a reformat of the entire system and just ad "fix" or "added features" like most updates are.

What he said!

Only caveat is the later 4th Gen’s should be 3.3 from the factory. They should be able to go to 3.4 without a format.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This must have been a Google Maps update when it updated a couple weeks ago, because I have the temp and I'm still running 3.0 and 19205.View attachment 34752

That is my understanding. Has nothing to do with Sync Version...at least 3.0 vs 3.4. Apple guy here...so harder for me to test it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Snoozdoc

Reaction score
View attachment 34823 View attachment 34823 I’m Wildly Confused.

So, on this thread and I believe on another firmware update thread, folks are talking about manually updating their firmware to “3.4”.

Now, I have my vehicle set to check for automatic updates.
1. why do it manually if your vehicle can do it for you without any effort?
2. How can there be an update already out there yet my unit isn’t picking it up?
3. The infotainment unit still says 3.0 build such and such (see photo). Should I be doing something more proactive, or are some people just beta-testing the latest build?
Thanks!!

E2466BF5-7EAD-4045-9557-960F32080D1C.jpeg

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
View attachment 34823 View attachment 34823 I’m Wildly Confused.

So, on this thread and I believe on another firmware update thread, folks are talking about manually updating their firmware to “3.4”.

Now, I have my vehicle set to check for automatic updates.
1. why do it manually if your vehicle can do it for you without any effort?
2. How can there be an update already out there yet my unit isn’t picking it up?
3. The infotainment unit still says 3.0 build such and such (see photo). Should I be doing something more proactive, or are some people just beta-testing the latest build?
Thanks!!

Updating from 3.0 to 3.4 is not as easy as a patch fix or feature addition like most other Builds have been under 3.0.

3.4 involves an entirely new root structure which entails a complete rebuild of the file system. this is an an easy task that can just be allied via a wifi or USB "Update".

This is why it is a manual upgrade and is not supported by Ford. It is a "hack" of the Sync 3 system not intended for users to do.