Sync 3 maps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stewartsoda

Reaction score
Just finished the updates. Took about 15 minutes for the Sync update. My old version was Build 18093_PRODUCT. The new version is Build 19205_PRODUCT.

Chuck, this update was over 800MB compressed so I don't think they make it available via WiFi. I have a router in my garage and the vehicle connects regularly but this one did not come up. Had to log into the Ford owner site to see the alert.

The new maps are indeed out of date. The latest maps are apparently from the 1st quarter of 2018. The prior maps installed in the vehicle since I bought it new were from the 1st quarter of 2015.

Have you seen any difference between 18093 and 19205?

OP
OP
C

creef14

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The new maps are indeed out of date. The latest maps are apparently from the 1st quarter of 2018. The prior maps installed in the vehicle since I bought it new were from the 1st quarter of 2015.

Did you buy the new maps? I saw on the website it said they were updated between Q1 2017 and Q1 2018.

I also wondered if the download is shareable....

mossback

2017 Limited EL
Reaction score
So far I have not noticed any significant differences.

The map update I had to buy. Sorry for any confusion there. I think the latest Sync 3 v3.0 build is necessary for the map update to function properly- that's why they mention maps.

The map update is a 14.3GB compressed file that requires a license that is linked to your VIN and Sync serial number. Not a sharable file........

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
"New" Sync? I recall Sync3 v3.0 been around for a couple of years. Pretty sure the maps in this version are still circa 2015 (one five). Hate to say it, but I depend on my Garmin GPS rather than the expensive unit sitting in the middle of my dashboard.

Still a decent upgrade despite antiquated maps.

-- Chuck
Sync 3.0 is Mid-2018.