Sync 3 navigation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

getnbzi

Reaction score
hi my sync 3 does not have navigation are there any updates for that? or does it require a new unit?IMG_0633.JPG

RogerD1959

2.5 Months Ltr, and Final Bill 22K+
Reaction score
Can you back off, zoom out, need to see the whole thing installed. Right now, its not looking like a Ford unit, or its a different kind. Need to figure that out. Also, if you know how to go into settings and pull up the SYNC, about screen, a photo of that will also help. Have you been to owner.ford.com to see if there are any updates? You need to register there, then plug in your vin, the Ford update server finds the file your vehicle needs. Anybody, can anything be done with Forscan to remedy this?

stewartsoda

Reaction score
They sold Sync3 with and without navigation. Yours must have been the "without navigation" option. Nav was like a $800 option.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can you back off, zoom out, need to see the whole thing installed. Right now, its not looking like a Ford unit, or its a different kind. Need to figure that out. Also, if you know how to go into settings and pull up the SYNC, about screen, a photo of that will also help. Have you been to owner.ford.com to see if there are any updates? You need to register there, then plug in your vin, the Ford update server finds the file your vehicle needs. Anybody, can anything be done with Forscan to remedy this?

That is definitely Sync3, Non Nav. The Non Nav units have less space, so they are not able to be converted to Nav, without swapping the Unit. The easiest solution is Android Auto, CarPlay, or Waze via Applink. All require a direct wire connection via the USB hub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
hi my sync 3 does not have navigation are there any updates for that? or does it require a new unit?View attachment 32701

Also, if you have a 2016, and want CarPlay you need to swap the hub to the 2017 version number.

Your Sync 3 version also needs to be 2.2 or later. 3.x is the current version. The X determined by what is available for your VIN and Serial number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
getnbzi

getnbzi

Reaction score
ok I had android auto but I didn't like the cable that's why I was asking

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is about $800-1200 net if you exchange your existing Sync 3. There is a guy who sells Sync 3 units salvaged. I had a coworker looking at upgrading his 2017 F-150 that didn’t have Sync 3 and we researched it a couple years ago. Personally that cable is worth a little irritation instead.

Mean_Dean

Reaction score
I have the navigation option but still use Android Auto with Waze, much better option plus I can use all the Google features for hand free, texts, calls, etc...

cullinan18

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have nav on my 2017 and really am not a fan of it. It doesn't find as many locations as Google maps and the favorites is harder to navigate. I use a wireless vent charger and just use my phone for navigation. I sushi didn't like losing the climate control info when using android auto.