Sync 3 update announcement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Got an Email from Ford yesterday announcing a Sync 3 update being available for $110-$150. Seems to have an "updated" NA118 map -- only a year and a half old. Anyway my map already shows this revision from the update many of us here did months ago. Is there anything else in this upgrade? I ain't paying this price regardless so this is mere curiosity.

-- Chuck

IMG_5891[1].JPG

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Got an Email from Ford yesterday announcing a Sync 3 update being available for $110-$150. Seems to have an "updated" NA118 map -- only a year and a half old. Anyway my map already shows this revision from the update many of us here did months ago. Is there anything else in this upgrade? I ain't paying this price regardless so this is mere curiosity.

-- Chuck

View attachment 36837

Nope. Just Maps. The Newest CyanLabs package includes 19 Maps, so you might want to go check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Armin

Reaction score
So what is the latest official map update? I ask, as I got a letter in the mail indicating there is an update. It lists no version, only that there are updates that represent "changes in the HERE Map Database from Q1 19". So what does that mean in normal English? Is this updated up to Q1 2019? Or are these updates since Q1 2019?

I updated my 2017 Expedition late last year to Sync3 v3.0 and also did a payed maps update. It lists I have NA 118. Does this mean Q1 2018? If so Q1 2019 would be an upgrade either way. But that would also be pretty silly considering it is now Q3 2020 and my phone gets monthly HERE Maps updates ...

I tried the actual https://syncnavigation.com/ website but that does not give much information either. It just says I'm 'eligible" (to buy :)) an update. Since I actually bought the previous one, I would assume it is smart enough to not offer me an update if it it is the same one. But considering the track record of Ford and software, I'm not putting money on that.

OP
OP
chuck s

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Last edited: