Sync 4 updates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's what I assume however what I don't understand is everyone is talking about updates such as 3.5.3 or 3.5.4 and I see no version number with the same number format. The only version I can show is on the about page which is your version number since it says "Sync 4 Version". On your page above I have had no updates. So I'm curious, now that you have had the 3.5.4 update, what does your about show?
Here's my about screen:

Attachments

• IMG_8786.jpeg
    IMG_8786.jpeg
    52.6 KB · Views: 23

Skylais

Reaction score
So I am in fact behind.
Hey I just got a new 23 king ranch max last week.
I have the same exact numbers as you, no idea how other folks are seeing the 3.X.X numbers.

Did you by chance ever get yours updated or is it still the same?

Reaction score
I received an email from Ford outlining the new Sync updates. Some of the features were better use of the screen real estate and the volume knob being able to change other settings, such as temperature.

Is there a way to find out when the update is coming?
Can I push the update manually to my '23 Expedition Max?
I am signed up for "Ford Early Access" but the website states that my vehicle is not elligible.

Skylais

Reaction score
I received an email from Ford outlining the new Sync updates. Some of the features were better use of the screen real estate and the volume knob being able to change other settings, such as temperature.

I am signed up for "Ford Early Access" but the website states that my vehicle is not elligible.
No way to update manually to my knowledge except for through FDRS. Ford vehicle diagnostic service or something like that. I believe the updates show up in FDRS a few weeks before OTA updates become available.

It requires a license, I luckily have a 2 day license I activated this morning. If you PM me your VIN I can send you a screenshot of any updates available for your car. That said to actually apply them via FDRS you would need to go to a dealer or attempt to do it yourself but the tools needed are expensive.

jjscsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Being able to use the knob for temp would be HUGE. The system they have now is a total train wreck. Ditto the seat heat/ventilation.

Skylais

Reaction score
Being able to use the knob for temp would be HUGE. The system they have now is a total train wreck. Ditto the seat heat/ventilation.
Completely agree. I also have very young kids in back who can’t control the climate. So I’ve also gotta manage those settings and it’s all just super clunky and honestly dangerous at times when driving. I love my new expy but the A/C controls and annoying 2 step camera fix would really make this a perfect vehicle for me. Hopefully it comes soon.