Sync 4A issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi all, naming this thread as I did in case it works well to turn into a repository for problems identified. I had a strange one the other day that I hadn't seen yet:

Got in and started it after a remote start to find the following:
HVAC was shut off (I always leave it on).
When I turned HVAC back on, AC was turned off and had to be enabled again.
Temp was changed. Set to 72 when I had had it set to 68.
I happened to think to check, and found rear HVAC had been disabled as well.
Finally, CarPlay was disabled. My phone still connected through Bluetooth, but I had to go back into phone settings and enable CarPlay.

I have heard of similar behavior if the vehicle goes through a software update, but I did not see a message saying it had updated, and I have no message in FordPass either indicating an update had occurred.

mwar99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you use your second key and not the main one you usually use?

OP
OP
m3olsen

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you use your second key and not the main one you usually use?
Great thought, but nope - drove it to work in the morning and came to this when I started it to drive home.

EdNewman

Reaction score
Hi, so here is my issue, 22 Expedition Limited 304A, received an OTA update in Oct 23 to 23202 b956 and it broke a number of functions on Sync including voice recognition and voice commands with navigation. The truck has been to the dealer multiple times with no resolution. Ford keeps saying they will push an OTA to fix it... eventually. The other friend we have with a 22 Expedition and the 15" screen is running 23186 b934 and it works fine. I believe that is what we had prior. The dealer is not able to roll it back. The only option they have on their laptop is to reload the same build, which they have done, no change. Anyone else have 23202 on their truck and if so, are they having any issues?