Sync3 8 inch touch screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KSC 2019 XLT

Reaction score
For those of you who has 2018 - 2020 Expy with the Sync3 8 inch touch screen, are your screen's auto dim feature too sensitive meaning it thinks it is night time when it is not? On mine, when the sun is behind the Expy whether morning time or late afternoon (and it is still very bright outside with a lot of daylight), is your Expy 8 inch screen going to "Night" or dark mode (screen goes from bright (i.e. white) to dark)? Mine is and I find it quite annoying and I can't see it because I'm still wearing sunglasses because it is still daylight outdoors.

Since it is still under warranty, thinking about bringing it to the dealer but wanted to see if this is normal. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If it happens when it actually gets shady or a little shadier than direct sunlight I would look at the light sensor on the middle front of your dash board. Sounds like it’s the sensor that’s too sensitive as the screen does not react to sunlight other than what the light sensor tells it. Do your headlights pop on as well? Does the center screen in the console dim? Blocked or sensitive sensor. There could also be a bad connection from the sensor to the radio head as well.