Tape Deck Ipod Conversion Annoyance Defeated

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So my expy came with a tape deck, 6 changer and integrated antennae in the rear right window. An awesome set up for when it came out. I dont exactly have a tape collection but i do have an ipod. If you hate things laying out in your truck like i do, you may wanna give this a shot. The cassette deck converter for an ipod or whatever have you was always laying around and i hated it. All i bought was a tape deck converter, a 6 ft long head phone cord extender, and the ford radio removal tool. Remove your radio and remove the face plate. Insert the converter into the tape slot and snake the cord out the back of the radio. There is a gap in the back of the radio and if your lucky you can get it through with out opening the radio up. Remove the center consul (the cup holder section). Attach the head phone wire extender to your converter then run it down inside your car into where the center consul used to be. Then continue running it into that center storage unit in between the front seats. There, now the cord is hidden away and you can enjoy your ipod with minimal clutter. No, the tape cannot eject. I have not tried hitting the button but i would imagine it would not be good. Putting your car back together is optional, but advisable. If you want a more indepth version of how i did it just ask me for further details but its pretty simple. All you remove is the radio and that cup holder piece which just pops out after removing two torx screws. Good luck

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
awesome idea.... now make a detailed picture how two thread and have a moderator move it into its own sticky or whatever God i have been off forums for awhile i hope that made sense

OP
OP
splintrcel

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
this is gonna sound stupid but i really have no idea how to get pictures on here. I have some of other projects but i cant figure this damn thing out. Usually i am great with computers. But i will def take some pictures. My car is coming apart all next week so i have plenty of time to take lots of pics.

VexedEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
this is gonna sound stupid but i really have no idea how to get pictures on here. I have some of other projects but i cant figure this damn thing out. Usually i am great with computers. But i will def take some pictures. My car is coming apart all next week so i have plenty of time to take lots of pics.

Just tinker around a bit on the site...you will need a photobucket account. To share just copy and past the link.... If you are unsure there is a section to test photos at bottom of the forum section. Love photos so will look forward to your posts!

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can barely put them on my album haha if its not simple im not gonna spend forever figuring it out. Im an out doors kinda guy never really got into computers games or sports, dont really watch TV I rather go build something or go 4 wheelin the lake etc

VexedEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can barely put them on my album haha if its not simple im not gonna spend forever figuring it out. Im an out doors kinda guy never really got into computers games or sports, dont really watch TV I rather go build something or go 4 wheelin the lake etc

Can I come with! haha I'm the same but my Son rather stay inside all day playing video games? I buy him an electric scooter and I have to force the kid on the thing. Took me a minute to figure how to put up pictures to. I'm not very good at explaining things. Better at showing folks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65