Tar removal from tri/coat titanium white?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crector080862

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I second third and fourth on the Goof Off works pretty good reason I chimed in was I wonder if you could do a clear bra down there

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

sixsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Carpro Tar x, you can get it on amazon. Best stuff for tar. You might be able to find stoners tarminator locally at Walmart/autozone, and it works too but tar x works faster and easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok...i bailed and went to AutoZone to see what they had. All they had was a Turtle Wax and a Rain-X product Nothing by DuPont. I opted for the Turtle Wax since I knew they wouldn't produce anything that would damage my paint. It works a lot better than the other stuff I was using but it's still going to take hours to get this off

The good news is that the Jersey Turnpike, after 40 years is finally finished! As an added bonus for driver's they've supplied enough tar in the asphalt undercoat your car!
Jeff

sixsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok...i bailed and went to AutoZone to see what they had. All they had was a Turtle Wax and a Rain-X product Nothing by DuPont. I opted for the Turtle Wax since I knew they wouldn't produce anything that would damage my paint. It works a lot better than the other stuff I was using but it's still going to take hours to get this off

The good news is that the Jersey Turnpike, after 40 years is finally finished! As an added bonus for driver's they've supplied enough tar in the asphalt undercoat your car!
Jeff

I’m telling you tar x will get that stuff off in like 5 minuets with no rubbing. Once you spray it on you can watch it dissolve the tar immediately. In most cases you can just hose it off and it’ll all be gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You’ll notice the dump trucks rinsing the inside of their beds after unloading asphalt with something, but you won’t find it at autozone... $3 a gallon diesel versus $5 for a 8 ounce can of citrus that sucks. Up to you.

Last edited:

fothco

Reaction score
I use gasoline and wait 3 min. Then re-wax as last step .

OP
OP
J

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I restore vintage bikes and the paint quality coming out of Japan in the late 60's/early 70's had to be seen to be believed. The '74 Yamaha purple RD350, came in an INFINITE number of different shades, is prob one of the worst but the point is, I'm familiar with working with paint that I'm trying to keep "original"....I know that distillates would have removed it pronto but I since I had literally multiple square yards to clean, I wanted to be sure not to damage the topcoat. Really didn't want to make an error.....when the penalty would have been a complete repaint especially distasteful since I paid extra for the color.

All is well now.....thanks guys

jeff

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Jeff,

You probably already know this from your paint experience, but used to own twin supercharged 1997 and 1998 bonnevilles. One was black and the other white. My white one was so hard to keep white. Little flecks of random whatnot would build up on the paint all over and slowly it would just look off color/yellow hued instead of that brilliant white. I finally realized how incredibly effective clay bars were. Once I started claying my car a couple of times a year, I was sold. Removed tar, sap, bugs, junk. Running your fingers over a clean car before claying and then doing it again after claying tells the story. AmaZing stuff and safe for your paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro