Texas Blue ICE .... 2020 .... Dealer comments

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, does yours have the square, maybe it is the angle of your original picture but it doesn’t look like you have it. If you do, problem solved! The simplest answer is typically the right one.

gbobcat

Reaction score
I just had the same thing happen to my 2019 up in the mountains. I think the leak had been happening for a while, but it took the big icicles to really connect the dots.

I took it to the dealer and I mentioned the TSB. They looked it over and insisted that the sprayer wasn’t leaking. When I got it home, I parked it. Twelve hours later I had lost 20% of my fluid and had a puddle. It leaked all weekend and I took a video. I brought it back.

The second visit it took them a couple days to get to it. I was fortunate that was the case because one night was very cold and when the tech got in the next morning the icicles were back. He traced the frozen stuff back and discovered the leak was coming from BEHIND the camera sprayer where something had come loose. The repair required taking off the whole grille, etc.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Had it happen to mine as well. The fluid doesn't have to freeze for this to happen, just get cold enough for the fluid to expand. Mine happened several times, and luckily it happened all of the dealers drive up so they couldn't argue. I haven't looked at it, but I wonder if the design is such that a full washer reservoir is actually higher than that port, if so, all it takes is a little help to get the fluid moving and gravity will siphon the rest.

Book2

Reaction score
I found the following comment from the viewer of the YT video. This might have happened to your Expedition during the trip:

"Hey is there a way to disable it during winter, because when it’s cold it sticks in the spray position and empties the washer fluid tank. Costly feature to have in the long run."