The Good Life

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eagle 71

Full Access Members
Reaction score
New to this forum, but not new to Fords. Two weeks ago, I traded in my fully-restored ’66 T-Bird on a new (to me) 2013 Expedition. 82K miles, runs, drives, and looks great. XLT with a gazillion options including a Ford-installed heavy-duty towing package. And unlike an F-150, she fits in my garage! I'm the third owner; previous two owners were from Nebraska and Iowa.

Only ***** (so far) is the tailgate corrosion (which I've read a lot about on this forum). Why didn’t the whizkids at Dearborn correct this, as this seems to be a recurring problem with the 3rd Gen Expys? A rhetorical question, but frustrating nonetheless. Anyway, in case there are other ‘concerns’, I purchased an extended warranty - just in case.

Done a lot of reading on this forum already, and appreciate all the stuff so far.

Happy Veterans Day to my fellow Veterans,

Steve
Papillion, NE

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome aboard..... Wow that looks like a nice Thunder Chicken you traded in.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Be thankful you didn't spend $80K on a 2018 -- the paint is peeling on some of them too and it's not just the tailgate. Going to cost Ford a lot of money on their basic warranty claims.

Good luck with your new truck. Many happy and safe miles for you.

BillAlex

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Bet it was hard to part with that classic T-Bird. I always liked the style of the early birds. I think you will fall in love with your Expy. Probably the best built trucks on the road today. I am sure you will have many a happy mile driving it.