The oddest thing...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I'm watching this pretty cool Netflix series, "Travellers", and something feels just a little OFF to me

Then I realize it. The CARS.

The FBI agent character drives a Ford Explorer in all exterior shots.

But....interior shots are always of a 3rd gen Expedition!!! Seriously. I double and triple checked.

Wtf?????

I mean, okay, it's definitely easier to film inside a roomier vehicle. But...WHY??? Why not just have the character drive an Expedition when he's driving an Expedition?

Jamo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I love picking out goofs in TV shows. In older Blue Bloods, they swapped between Suburbans and Excursions all the time, while on the same road trip.​

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was watching some backwoods law show and all they drove was 3rd gen Expeditions. They were always hammering on them to get to the scene and you could hear the 5.4L roaring clear as day. Thought it was pretty cool since I drive the same vehicle on a daily basis and I’m watching it in police chases and such.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I never notice car/trucks interchanged but I do notice the Bikes! We go back to The Great Escape...... I met Bud, the man who actually made the jump on the supposed BMW hack....on a trumpet 650. Even James Dean wasn't riding a street bike in all the scenes of Rebel w/o a cause.

The best are the B movies.....smokin babes w/exposed breasts, zero acting ability, lots of violence....but they always show the badassed choppers turn into dirt bikes that make "V twin" sounds<LMAO>......

jeff

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nah, goofs are goofs but this.... this was systematic, consitent, and deliberate.

All interior shots Expedition, all exterior shots Explorer.

When I first saw the first season when it just came out, I thought it might be a sneak preview of a 4th gen Expedition or something. Nope. Clear Explorer badging.

coolzzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's funny, I noticed that exact same thing in that show. I pointed it out to my wife, who of course never would have noticed if I hadn't pointed it out which is funny cause the expedition is her daily driver. Those types of comments just put me in the auto nerd category I guess. I'm told it makes it hard to enjoy movies or shows with when I point out the obvious goofs but to me, they're just soo glaring it makes the shows hard to enjoy. Travelers is a great show though, Canadian as well.

Atman246

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Haaha,that's funny,auto nerd category. My wife calls it garbage in,garbage out. I remember stupid trivia from the 70's but can't(don't care to) remember a conversation from yesterday.. Baaahahaha. And I get the same comments to about it makes it hard to enjoy a movie or program. Just keep my mouth shut now,happy wife,happy life..

jkayca

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I'm watching this pretty cool Netflix series, "Travellers", and something feels just a little OFF to me

Then I realize it. The CARS.

The FBI agent character drives a Ford Explorer in all exterior shots.

But....interior shots are always of a 3rd gen Expedition!!! Seriously. I double and triple checked.

Wtf?????

I mean, okay, it's definitely easier to film inside a roomier vehicle. But...WHY??? Why not just have the character drive an Expedition when he's driving an Expedition?
I'm sure the Director will send someone back to fix that.

kyleaaronburkett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They probably have the expy cut in half (RIP) and just failed to order the same vehicle for the moving scenes

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk