Thinking about new wheels..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Neilster1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the "wine bottle" 20's on my 2013 Expy limited now.. this truck spent a good chunk of its life in the rust belt and the wheels are starting to show it. I'm thinking about a set of these:

http://www.helowheels.com/wheel/34864/he900

I know that my oem wheels have a width of 8.5" and a +44mm offset. The new wheels are 9" wide and have a +18mm offset. If i'm doing my math correctly the new wheels/tires would be pushed outboard by about 1.25".

I think I've got plenty of clearance. I'd love some thoughts on my math and what you think of my wheel choice!

Thanks!

Rigpig

Reaction score
Those are some great looking wheels, and your math is correct on the offset. I went from a 17x8 to a 17x9 and offset of +44 to +10, and my tires sit just outside the fender well with the factory flares. You should be pretty close to that.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
Very nice choice there. Should look good with that extra width to the truck

OP
OP
Neilster1

Neilster1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got the new wheels ordered. Props to my local Tire Kingdom.. they matched the online price I found elsewhere and discounted the install fees to get my business. Hope to have them installed on Wednesday.

If anyone needs some OEM wheels (you'll need to paint them) let me know.. They'll be up for sale shortly.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like them except their logo in the middle.... it would be nice if you could pop that center piece out and put one in with a Ford logo... but anyway nice wheels. I think I want to get a set of the 18" Or 20" oem ones off of a limited or Eddie Bauer i don't like my stock 17" that much as they look a little small on this bohemith SUV.

OP
OP
Neilster1

Neilster1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wheels are installed.. In case you're interested, these are Helo HE900's. 20x9, +18 offset. Toughened up the stance a little.

Ignore the fat guy in the reflection!

20170816_183324.jpg
20170816_183333.jpg

Last edited: