Third Row Seat Fold Button Addition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just curious when you would want to fold the 3rd rows while sitting your azz in the drivers seat?

I don't haul many people in mine, so I rarely use the 3rd row seats...

Fold buttons on the trim panels for each side of the second row would be great - so that you could raise the third row seat from the second row, as you fold the second row seat forward to allow a passenger into the third row (I have the second row bench seat feature). This would prevent opening the hatch or hatch window glass, to use the fold buttons on the right rear.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Atleast the buttons are one touch. Our armada buttons need to be held and they take 4EVER. and there's no secondary fold buttons either. GMs are the only ones that have secondary fold buttons. I'm sure those buttons will be gone soon.

Last edited:

icanski2

Reaction score
This button is great when your kids don’t listen. Haha
LOL! Ya, I couldn't remember if it folded the seat down or not. I have my battery disconnected right now while running cable for my stereo project so I couldn't test it to see what it did. My third row has been folded down since i bought it so i forgot it just did the headrests.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Atleast the buttons are one touch. Our armada buttons need to be held and they take 4EVER. and there's no secondary fold buttons either. GMs are the only ones that have secondary fold buttons. I'm sure those buttons will be gone soon.

The third-row folding seat buttons are not one-touch in my 2015 Expedition Limited.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Should work but the switches would be in parallel, in series both switches would be needed to operate seats. Just noticed this is an old thread from April of '21. Were you able to make it work?
It would not need to be in parallel, because the command could be sent to the module via the CANBus. Regardless, it doesn't have it. Honestly, might have been helpful like once? Maybe.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
True, can't think of a time when my wife and I was like, "man I need a button up a here for the seat"