Tips for Preparing to Offroad!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
I find when playing in the sand, that having a 30 foot recovery strap (rated for 15k pounds or more) is a nice thing to have too along with some clevises. This will allow you to latch on to either your tow hooks or your hitch and give you 2 points to pull from. The recovery strap is a little better than say a chain in the fact that it stretches a little bit and can actually make your truck appear "heavier" than it really is by using its momentum and the stretch of the strap. They are like $30 and well worth it. I use mine a lot for pulling people out of the ditch, mud holes, through sand, etc. It also works well for pulling out stumps and bushes. Not that I have pulled out a tree stump from a tree that was about 16" in diameter.

But, like other say, a flag is a requirement, a shovel, water, and other tools are nice to have. But then, I always went out with friends, so, I was always garanteed a way out (not necessarily my rig or their rigs). So, all was good.