tire balancing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have been reading and reading about using BB's, Air Soft BB's, golf balls, and so on, i know it is big with people running tires around 40" or so but i am going to try it,

i am going to use copper BB's since i have a good amount of them at home, i picked up an ounce scale from harbor freight and measured out 8oz for each tire.

i will report how it drives and such once i get it done,

let me know what you all think about it

Irwin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There is an actual product that you can throw in the tire for balancing. It's a metallic sand looking thing and when the tire rolls it'll stick to the irregular surfaces and balance the tire from the inside out.

I have some in my 315s that I'll snap a pic of tomorrow.

OP
OP
KWT2000

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i did it on my motorcycle about a week ago havnt put the new shoes on my expy yet..

it works well on my bike and is very smooth and i cant hear them when i stop over the radio.

there is a couple products out their that do the same thing but i look at it from a cost standpoint and if it is going to cost more than conventional balancing its not worth it to me..

i have heard equal can clump up and cause issues from their

when i get the expy done i will let you all know

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
I used that commercial balancing bead product.... in a word SUCKS.

There were times that the tires just wouldn't seem to balance out.
I would never use it again.