Took a bullet in the tire Saturday night

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nate6966

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just had to poke. I know any legit business would make a repair that's safe, or they'd send you packing if it wasn't repairable.

Edwin C Aldredge

Reaction score
$1600 for a new stock tire / wheel and TPMS???????

I just picked up FOUR Method MR301 20" wheels with TPMS and 34" tires for $2700 drive out.

Not sure what I'm going to ask fort the brand new factory 22" Stealth wheels / tires, but I bet I end up under your single wheel / tire price point.

That's INSANE!

OP
OP
Page W Sutton

Page W Sutton

Reaction score
Did not find the bullet but it was a strange feeling when it hit. Took the rim to wheeltek here in Memphis and they looked to make sure it was straight on the computer. They said that a good number of bullet strikes in on rims require them to be straightened. It was straight so they are going to weld the rim and guarantee it for 120.00.

Filed with insurance and they classes the incident as comprehensive so 500 deduct on the replacement. That's why I opted OEM new on the parts. Else wise I could ebay the repair/replacement for about 800.00 with a 10/32 tire and reconditioned wheel.

As far as selling the rim I was thinking of mounting a tire on it and using it as a spare but that's probably a bad idea.

I just replaced a wheel on my camaro from hitting a pothole so I am thinking with the road and ballistic damage threats in Memphis perhaps I will keep it for another day.

Plati

Reaction score
Did not find the bullet but it was a strange feeling when it hit. Took the rim to wheeltek here in Memphis and they looked to make sure it was straight on the computer. They said that a good number of bullet strikes in on rims require them to be straightened. It was straight so they are going to weld the rim and guarantee it for 120.00.

Filed with insurance and they classes the incident as comprehensive so 500 deduct on the replacement. That's why I opted OEM new on the parts. Else wise I could ebay the repair/replacement for about 800.00 with a 10/32 tire and reconditioned wheel.

As far as selling the rim I was thinking of mounting a tire on it and using it as a spare but that's probably a bad idea.

I just replaced a wheel on my camaro from hitting a pothole so I am thinking with the road and ballistic damage threats in Memphis perhaps I will keep it for another day.
Looks like 2 holes in the tire and one hole in the rim
This could be the start of a conspiracy theory!
Was there a grassy knoll nearby?

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score

When your neighborhood wheel guys have extensive expertise with bullet damage .... it MIGHT just be time to look for a new neighborhood.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Flashy new cars in bad areas is always a poor combination. Nothing good comes out of it but class envy and anger.

Hope you don't live in that hellhole. If you do, that's not the car to be driving around in. If you don't, why be there with you car or your wife no less?

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sure you weren't in Trenton or chicago? Looks like it hit the rim first,you are lucky. Hope you filed a police report. What did your insurance company say? Or didn't you bother?

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
there are simply zero bad areas in memphis.....are you sure you didnt shoot your own tire :devilfinger::devilfinger:
good it was only a tire

Eagle 71

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The tire lost air so fast I was surprised but called Ford roadside for a flat repair.

Their response time was 99 minuets!

I called a friend and got a ride home.

Whit, I'm glad to hear you got home safely...no injury to you or your wife. I mean that.
That said, before/during/after you called 'Ford roadside' and 'a friend' for assistance, when did you decide to call the Memphis Police Department to report this crime? They might have rendered assistance to you much sooner than Ford's roadside assistance. And, like the perps who shot your tire/rim out, they're armed.