Took a bullet in the tire Saturday night

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Plati

Reaction score
Flashy new cars in bad areas is always a poor combination....
Whit, I'm glad to hear you got home safely...no injury to you or your wife. I mean that.
That said, before/during/after you called 'Ford roadside' and 'a friend' for assistance, when did you decide to call the Memphis Police Department to report this crime? They might have rendered assistance to you much sooner than Ford's roadside assistance. And, like the perps who shot your tire/rim out, they're armed.
The gentleman said it was much later when he found out about the gunshot...

"It was not till I took the tire/wheel to get it repaired till I learned about the bullet hole in the rim"

just sayin

Eagle 71

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sticker, he also said the following:

I was coming home through a bad neighborhood on Saturday night(Sunday morning) about 2:00 am. Passed 3 youths and told the wife "That looks like trouble" when BAM.

Considering where he was (a combat zone in Memphis), when he was there (0200 local with his wife, on a weekend), and what transpired ("BAM"), a 911 call to Memphis' finest may have been the first order of business.
Also, just sayin'

Last edited:

Plati

Reaction score
….
Considering where he was (a combat zone in Memphis), when he was there (0200 local with his wife, on a weekend), and what transpired ("BAM"), a 911 call to Memphis' finest may have been the first order of business.
Also, just sayin'
No time to call the cavalry, gotta be ready to do battle with the locals an protect the loved one.
Keep one of these at the ready and train with it so you can call into action in a heartbeat.

:893MrT-thumb:

IMG_0818.JPG

just kiddin

Last edited:
OP
OP
Page W Sutton

Page W Sutton

Reaction score
I was concerned but not worried about our personal safety We were secure defensively. Anyone will the balls to approach a blacked out SUV in Memphis @ 2:00 am is asking for it.

Eagle 71

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sticker, I totally agree with your last post. Except for the ‘just kiddin’ part.

From 2018 figures, Memphis has the sixth highest homicide rate in the country.

https://www.thetrace.org/2018/04/highest-murder-rates-us-cities-list/

If I were in the same situation as Whit, I would actually want the AK firepower in your photo to protect my wife and me from the ‘citizens’ that just shot out my tire & rim. Lord knows, they have that firepower…illegally.

While waiting for a tow though, I would still call in the cavalry. A legally-concealed 40 S&W may keep the perps at bay until the cavalry arrives.

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks like a rifle shot,
if it was indeed a bullet that did that. Hard to believe a handgun caliber could penetrate a steel belted tire in the tread and go through an aluminum rim. Also rebar from a bridge deck could do that....

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks like a rifle shot,
if it was indeed a bullet that did that. Hard to believe a handgun caliber could penetrate a steel belted tire in the tread and go through an aluminum rim. Also rebar from a bridge deck could do that....

Rebar? Think about it, long enough piece to gouge the inside of the rim would leave a long gash not a hole

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kapios