Torque Pro & Tranny Temps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris C

Reaction score
I'm having some problems figuring out the tranny temps using my Torque Pro app. I've loaded the Ford Custom PIDs, and when I select the Transmission Fluid Temp Methods that return values, I get one that produces -32ish degrees, one at 59 degrees, and one that just mirrors the coolant temp. I'm guess there is a problem with the formula for the first two, but I don't know what it should be. Has anyone run into this or know of a solution? This is the only value that I'm having trouble with.

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think mine uses Method 2, I would have to check

One of them is "trans temp" not "trans fluid temp" that one is the one that is close the coolant temp. I thought that might be the temp of the trans itself but I dont really know. That is the one I tried using originally

Method 1 was just not correct so I did not use it

But there is one that does work and it works well

I have an 08 that may make a difference too I do not know what year you have or what the difference might be

OP
OP
C

Chris C

Reaction score
I think mine uses Method 2, I would have to check

One of them is "trans temp" not "trans fluid temp" that one is the one that is close the coolant temp. I thought that might be the temp of the trans itself but I dont really know. That is the one I tried using originally

Method 1 was just not correct so I did not use it

But there is one that does work and it works well

I have an 08 that may make a difference too I do not know what year you have or what the difference might be

I'm a 2011. Trans Temp is the one that is mirroring the coolant temp. Method 2 is the one that is showing a negative temp. It makes me think there is an error in the formula. Could you take a look at the formula for the one that works for you and see what it says?

coolzzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Edit the PID that is mirroring the coolant temp and change the field that says AUTO to say TCM instead. Exit torque and launch it again and it will be correct.

OP
OP
C

Chris C

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input so far. Here’s what I’m looking at. It looks like my A and B values aren’t being pulled right on this one calculation. I’m wondering if my scanner isn’t playing nice with Torque. It’s just a cheap amazon one I got years ago just to check codes but I’ve just recently decided to use it to keep track of the tranny temp when towing.

3305FB77-1D10-406B-A5EF-63F31D92083F.jpeg

5544CFC8-F995-44DA-94A3-78919D50B5F6.jpeg

97A5B1FB-C099-49FC-A812-121CC5BBB2EA.jpeg