Torsion Bar Questions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ICrushedAPrius

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been reading up on cranking my torsion bars to get some lift, but just have a few questions maybe you guys can help me with.
Once I can find someone to do the job, I'm going to put on a 3in. Performance Accessories lift. Will cranking the torsion bars before doing the lift be a bad idea?
Also the constant velocity shafts are positioned in a way designed to operate straight from the manufacturer, and I've heard altering torsion bars can be risky. Don't want to hurt my baby in the long-run.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
wait... so your getting a PA body lift? then just do the torsion crank. and you can do it your self. SUPER DUPER easy! but make sure you get a rear coil spacer other wise itll be sitting like mine for now. with the cali lift.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah the torsion twist is easy just need a 18mm socket and and a long rachet or breaker bar... crank both sides evenly then take it for a drive and then measure the lift you got and adjust to make it even... as Panda said get the spacers also so you don't have the cali lean, but he is in cali so it works lol... then the body lift is not the difficult we can guide you through it if you wanna tackle it and save 600-800 bucks good luck

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
Yeah, do the torsion crank and spacer install before you get the body lift, and then go straight for the 35's!!!! Cranking the stock torsion bars don't put as severe an angle on your Cv's as after market keys would. I think that's where the problem lays in the CV angle. Stock keys will give you 2-2.5 inches max. I've been runnning that way for years with no problems. i didn't even get an alignment after i cranked mine.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
oo since im in cali its okay! what ever! haha i just dont have the money for the spacers. but my gf got a job so shes going to get them for me. then i need bigger tires. but yes its when the front sits higher. but you cant really tell on mine since my tires are so small. the bigger the tires the easier it is to see the cali lift.

BAX318

Reaction score
To any one looking to get the coil spacers way cheeper than 4wheelparts price and dont want aluminum ones from ebay, i ordered the Poly set of 2" for $69.95. and other parts as well a 2" BL is 160 and a 3" is 170. my spacers got here today and will be in today... ive had the "cali lean" ( we call it BullDoggin here in florida) for 3 months and finally found fat bobs garage. check it out. just think spacer and 3" BL for only 250. thats 5" lift for cheap.

http://store.fatbobsgarage.com/54l-v8-fi-c5917.aspx

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...00097001159_1198056197_31362604_2654639_n.jpg

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
fatbobs is a good place... thats were DGray69 ordered all his stuff from

BAX318

Reaction score
My spacers went in with ease. Simple tools and a hour or two of ur time. Ill load pics wen its daylight.