Totally getting one 2021 Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Plati

Reaction score
Ford likes their “brands”. F150, Mustang, now Bronco. They like to have those names mean something more than “what size crossover do you need?”

Although if you look at relative stock performance, GM is doing a better job than Ford.
too nitpicky i guess but those are Models, not Brands
FORD is a brand
http://www.ignytebrands.com/what-is-a-brand/

I fear that the Bronco is too small for me 6'4" 260#
Wish I could get one but won't know until they are in showrooms I guess
I can't fit it a Jeep Wrangler either
Thats why I should build out an Expy

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
FORD is a brand

I mean that Ford is trying to make their model into its own “brand” (and I’m using that word in the way that Kim Kardashian says she’s her own “brand”).

Quick experiment:

Find a bow tie on a corvette.

Now find me a blue oval on the new Bronco.
Or the Mustang.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
These look pretty good. I have been an early bronco fan for a long time and been a Jeep owner for 20+ years. I currently daily drive a 2007 4dr Wrangler (nearly 190k miles). There is a lot of good I see in the Bronco. I also like that Jeep will finally have some competition in this market segment. They have been uncontested basically since 77 when the bronco stopped. The toyota while kinda cool was never real competition. The only thing that the Wrangler still has going for it is the solid front axle, which arguably isn't what everyone is looking for. IFS can't match the solid axle for rock crawling but it is better in most other situations. I think most people don't care either way about the front suspension but will like the better handling of the bronco. Pretty sure we will see a whole lot of these on the road, be the new soccer mom ride. Be interesting to see what Jeep does to respond, it will be sad to see the wrangler go IFS but I think it will happen.

People that drive Rovers will still drive Rovers, they aren't the same class of people from what I see. I see this as a direct hit on the success of the Wrangler and I think Ford did a great job. I have been heavily eyeing a Ranger to replace my Jeep but the Bronco looks very interesting and will probably be in my driveway in a year or two.

OP
OP
Fozzy

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like this build only in a 4 door
ab17251fa931ee3c6543c4b5ed9b1531.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fishrising

Reaction score
FORD is a brand

Same boat, 6’7” 245, had a built 2011 4dr wrangler as a toy and I fit, barely. Just thanking god I never got rear ended or my skull wouldVe cracked open on the sound bar. Wasn’t an issue everyday driving it or off-roading it though. Can’t wait to test fit the 4dr Bronco. I really like it.

Plati

Reaction score
Saw this in Colorado in 2016
IMG_20160212_075130178.jpg
I think I might invest in my 2003EXPY ....

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Total Defender killer and something I could actually afford. Long travel kit and 37’s = Raptor SUV. 6” and 40’s = rock rig. It’s Fords perfect fallow up to the Raptor. It’s a slap in the face to the industry just like the Raptor was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just read that 37’s fit easily with a simple 2 inch lift. No mods needed. If you want to mod the suspension you could probably do 29’s

Roindhouse

Reaction score
62C27849-5437-4A0B-9CF6-6E2D63B7C971.jpeg B8D89DD3-2F7D-43D7-BB2F-B237096A0BF0.jpeg It needs the fender flares shaped like the ones that everyone has on their early Bronco

I’ve owned a 74 Bronco since 1995
In 99 I transplanted in a fuel injected 302 from a 91 Mustang and a NV-3550 five speed from a wrangler
Disc brakes from a 74 Blazer , power steering from a 77 Bronco , seats from a Miata, seat belts from a Suzuki Samurai.

i won’t ever buy one of the new ones ,
I have never and will never buy a brand new vehicle , they have way too much depreciation, and are far too complex for no reason other than to be complicated, my 06 expy is too complicated,computers galore that break down.

but it’s good to see them making a new one that’s worth of the name

I was afraid it was going to be an Escape with a bronco badge on it.
And That’s a 76 K10 Stepside in the background , with a fuel injected LS and from a 2002, a NV3500 five speed from a 2007, and vintage air AC.
It’s built from a dozen different vehicles ,
The cab is a 76, doors and front fenders are from a 73 blazer with the yellow paint and wood grain, no clue what year the bed is from, the interior is from a 82, radiatior support is from a 80, when we bought it , it had a state issued VIN and all the numbers were ground off the frame and old 350 and four speed. No idea what year the frame is .
The K10 was purchased for my son when he was 15,

A408FFB2-5F8C-4767-8D9D-7241C98C75A1.jpeg

Last edited: