Towing mirrors - F150 compatibility

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arbetrader

Reaction score
Hi all, I found someone that has some towing mirror extenders (the slide on kind) they had for their 2011 Ford F150. It was not a limited so didn't have the lights etc; was just wondering anyone may know if they might fit my 2015 Expedition XL model?

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

arbetrader

Reaction score
I should clarify I meant the extenders (the slide on kind that attach to the factory mirrors). I did try some from a 2015 F150, and it didn't work - but that was from the newer bodystyle, not the older bodystyle. Was hoping the older ones might work with mine lol

Conrad Penner

Reaction score
I went with the trailridge tow mirrors on my 2017 expedition. I am very happy with them. THey are as similar to F-150 tow mirrors as possible and work great. However, if you are simply looking for the "Part time" slip ons, these would not be for you.

Kevin08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve looked for the slip on and have been told they were never made for the later Expedition. Etrailer.com states only the universal rubber strap type for the Expedition. I’m considering swapping out to actual tow mirrors. I’m not comfortable backing anymore. I backed out of my garage and scratched the rear wheel well trim on my neighbors post. The back up camera in the rear view mirror is so tiny it’s almost useless.

6F37272D-0F0D-4065-BFAB-1E829640ABE2.jpeg

5pencer

Reaction score
I bought and installed these on my 2017. The work great and look factory.

I have been think of doing the same thing. I was looking to go to a salvage yard for 2011 F-150 with extender mirrors for my 2011 Expy. Does anyone know it if will work? The link "guspech750" provided is now out of stock.

Kevin08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is Gen 1-3 all the same front door body part? I’m guessing the only time F-150 mirrors fit on an Expedition is when the late 90’s F-150 had the exact same doors as the Gen 1 chrome bumper Expeditions. When Ford redesigned the F-150 doors to have the dropped glass at the front like the SuperDuty, they would from then on not had the same mirror mount to door as the Expedition. Is this correct?
The info I’m trying to confirm for those that are looking at F-150 mirrors is that they would half to come from the 97-2002ish F-150’s and they will have a more rounded design and not quite match the more square Gen 3 Expedition but if your looking for junk yard tow mirrors that might be your only option. Other wise it’s aftermarket only to get tow mirrors that look factory for Gen 3.

This is a theory, I do not know for a fact if any of this is true.

DBB596C8-6267-4875-AAC2-31F239C907BE.jpeg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1